Saturday, February 12, 2011

Giving this "change" thing a try!

Anyone that knows me well...knows that I DO NOT like change!!  "Embracing Change" is a big step for me.  I'm not comfortable with change...but it's inevitable...so I may as well go with it and have some fun. 

My life has had alot of changes over the past 2-3 years...some were out of my control...but some I chose.  The biggest change was giving up the one and only job I ever had!  I loved my job, and worked there for 23 years.  But my kids were becoming teens, and I felt the burden to be home more. I left my job to do house cleaning...so I could set my own hours.  I needed to be home when the kids got home from school.  It was the best decision I ever made!!  I loved my old job...but being home when the kids get home from school is waayyyy better!  Along with the house cleaning...I also did some commercial buildings.  I eventually realized that I like that much better!  I gave up most of my residential clients, and am in the process of taking on more commercial cleaning jobs. 

So....giving up residential, and taking on commercial...gives me more "day time" hours at home. (We work evenings and weekends).  I loved that idea because I really have alot of organizing and decluttering to do.  However....I don't know quite where to start.  I love Flylady.net.  As I was looking at some of the before and after pictures...I got the idea to start blogging.  I need accountability...and doing this will keep me accountable.  I need to declutter my life.  Home...mind, body and soul.  And this is where I'm going to do it. 

I'm going to do my best to blog every day.  So that means that I'll have to do something everyday, so that I can blog about it!!   Maybe there are others out there that are in the same situation as me.  So much to do...but feeling too overwhelmed and don't know where to start.  If this helps someone else...then that's awesome.  At the very least...it will keep me motivated!!  

  



                                                                                               



1 comment:

  1. I think it is AWESOME that you will be home when your kids get home! They will love that.

    ReplyDelete